Sunday, March 30, 2008

Excellence of the Sunnah of messenger of Allah SAW

Assallamu Allaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakathuhu-


Precept 20: Messenger of Allah has given the glad tidings of paradise to those who obey and follow his Sunnah.

Abu Hurairah (ra) narrates that the Messenger of Allah SAW said: All my followers will enter Paradise except he who denied. [the companions] asked: “O Messenger of Allah! And who has denied?” He SAW said, ‘Whoever obeyed me [shall] enter Paradise and whoever disobeyed me has surely denied me.’' [Bukhari]

Precept 21: Obedience of Messenger of Allah is obedience of Allah [S.W.T]

Abu Hurairah (ra) narrates that Messenger of Allah SAW said: “Whoever obeys me has surely obeyed Allah, and whoever disobeys me has surely disobeyed Allah. And whoever obeys the person of authority has obeyed me, and whoever disobeys the person of authority has disobeyed me.”[Muslim]

Precept 22: Those who strictly follow the Qur’an and Sunnah will be safe from going astray.

Ibne Abbas (ra) narrates that the Messenger of Allah SAW while delivering the sermon on his farewell Hajj said: “Indeed Satan is disappointed that he will never be worshipped again in your land. However, he is contented in that he will be obeyed in what you consider minor in your deeds. So be on guard [and listen] O, people! Surely I am leaving amongst you those things which if you hold firmly, you will never go astray! The Book of Allah and Sunnah of his Prophet SAW. [Hakim]

Abu Hurairah (ra) narrates that the Messenger of Allah SAW stated: “I am leaving behind two things amongst you, (if you act upon them) you will never go astray. These two are The Book of Allah and my Sunnah [Hakim]

Precept 23: In times of discord hold fast to the Sunnah of the Prophet to be saved from going astray

Irbadh bin Saaria (ra) narrates that the Messenger of Allah SAW prayed with us. After the prayer he turned towards us and delivered an impressive sermon which made eyes weep and hearts tremble. A person said: O Messenger of Allah SAW today you have delivered a sermon as if it was your last one. What do you advise us? The Messenger of Allah SAW said: I advise you to fear Allah and listen to your leader and obey him even if it’s a black slave, (and remember) the people who will be alive after me will see a great deal of discord (among my followers). In such conditions, make it obligatory to follow my Sunnah and hold fast to the ways of the rightly guided Caliphs. Moreover, save yourselves from innovated matters because every new matter in Deen is an innovation and every innovation is going astray. [Abu Dawud]

Precept 24: One who revives a Sunnah of Messenger of Allah will receive multiple rewards

Katheer bin Abdullah bin Amr bin Auf Al-Muzani (ra) narrates: My father narrated to me and my grand father to my father that the Messenger of Allah SAW said: Whoever has revived a Sunnah of mine and people started acting upon it, then for him will be the reward of all those who act upon it without diminishing anything from their rewards. And whoever starts an innovation which is then acted upon, then upon him will be the burdens of all those who acted upon it without diminishing anything from their burdens. [Ibn Maajah]

Precept 25: Supplication of Messenger of Allah for the person who spreads his sunnah